When your hair is dry and your hot rollers are good and hot, start rolling. I recommend starting with the front of your hair where your bangs are located. Create a "mowhawk" down the center of your head and roll your hair, one section at a time. There are a few things you should know about rolling your hair in hot rollers in general:
- Clean sections, parted with straight lines, and combed through without tangles will roll easier than messy sections.
- Be sure that your ends are smoothly and softly tucked into the curl with no bends in the hair.
- Use a smoothing serum prior to rolling your hair if your hair is very frizzy.
- Allow the rollers to cool completely before removing. Usually this is a minimum of 20 minutes and could be up to one hour if your hair is very thick,
To get a Marilyn Monroe look:
- Use the smallest rollers around the perimeter of your hair. This means the sections that are closest to your face and around the nape of your neck.
- Use the largest rollers through the crown (top) of your head.
- Use medium sized rollers through the remaining hair.
- Roll all rollers back away from your face through the mowhawk section of your hair.
- Roll all rollers down on the sides and through the back of your hair.