Hair Products and Tools
By Kendra Aarhus, About.com Guide
Product Reviews and Advice
With an obscene number of products to choose from, it's hard to know where to start and which way to turn. Check out these product reviews and articles with the best advice for the products that will work best for you, your hair type, and your budget.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2011: The Best Hair Products and Tools
- How to Make Your Curls Last All Day
- Review: Pssssst! Dry Shampoo
- Review: CHI Enviro American Smoothing Treatment
- Review: Nioxin Scalp Recovery
- Review: CHI Silk Infusion
- Review: Wen Cleansing Conditioner
- Review: Nioxin Hair Products
- Review: The Back Bar's Clarifying Treatement Shampoo
- Review: Pravana Keratin Thermal Insulator
- Review: CHI Organic Shampoo & Conditoner
- Review: Pravana's Pure Light Shampoo & Conditioner
- Your Curl Maintaining Advice
- Shampoo 101: How to Choose the Right Shampoo
- Clarifying Shampoo 101
- Shampoo Like a Pro
- What is Clarifying Shampoo
- What Is Sulfate Free Shampoo?
- The Best Hair Product Cocktails
- Review: Zach's Wax Extreme Color Gel
Maintaining Healthy Hair
Keeping your hair healthy year round is the first step in the battle for a great hair day. Here we've gathered all you need to know about keeping your hair in tip top shape from shampooing to conditioning treatments and every trick in between. Learn how to care for every hair type, repair damaged hair, and maintain a healthy shiny glow!
Problem Hair Advice
Whether you're fighting a battle of frizz, dry ends, oily hair, or dry scalp these tips, tricks, and advice will help you win the war against problem hair.
- Combat Dry Hair
- 5 Amazing Protein Treatments that Work
- Get Rid of Buildup at Home
- Maintain Frizz in Humid Weather
- Eliminate Frizz for Up to Four Months
Hot Tools Reviews and Advice
The market is flooded with flat irons, curling irons, and hair dryers that all promise to deliver beautiful, frizz free, shiny, healthy results. Which products stand up to their claims and which fall flat? Find out here.