Using Silk Infusion for Your Hair
Silk Infusion is a leave in product that can be applied when the hair is wet or dry. When using the product on wet hair it serves as a fantastic detangler, reduces frizz, and provides manageability. It's very gentle and can be used by adults and it's also great for kids' hair. When used on dry hair it gives little extra shine, frizz is minimized, and fly-a-ways are virtually eliminated.
More importantly, this product infuses your hair with silk, wheat, and soy proteins providing strength and minimizing breakage. If you have damage from coloring, highlighting, perms, relaxers, sun damage, split ends, or dry hair, the reconstructing capabilities of Silk Infusion are amazing. Believe me when I tell you that, my hair has gone through every color of the rainbow (quite literally) and has been damaged beyond repair, or so I thought. With continued use, Silk Infusion has truly helped recover my hair and leaves my hair soft and manageable with beautiful shine, and no oily product build up.
Additionally, it helps protect hair from the environment and thermal styling. It's a great product for every hair type from thick ethnic hair to the very finest heads of hair. Use a dime to quarter sized about of product (focusing on the midshaft and ends) before and blow drying and a small amount after blow drying on the ends of the hair. Silk Infusion costs approximately $12.00 - $14.00 for a 2 oz. bottle. I recommend going with the 12 oz. bottle for $22.00 - $25.00. The product lasts forever and the value on the 12 oz. bottle is worth the cost.
Other Uses for Silk Infusion
Silk Infusion is not just a great product for your hair. Over the years I've discovered other great uses for this versitle product:
- Face Moisturizer: a small dab of silk infusion can help moisturize dry spots on the skin and relieve dry face irritation in the dry winter months.
- Makeup Remover: a small amount of silk infusion on a cotton ball is a very effective and gentle eye makeup remover.
- Hand Lotion: I like to add a few drops of silk infusion to my favorite hand lotion to amp up the moisture and leave hands soft for hours.
- Gum Remover: in a pickle I discovered that silk infusion is excellent for helping to remove gum from hair.
- Cuticle Oil: silk infusion makes an excellent cuticle oil and helps repair dry cracked cuticles.