1. Style
Kendra Aarhus

Schedulicity.com: Huge Success in Online Appointment Scheduling

By February 4, 2010

A few months ago I told you about a new online scheduling program that I thought I'd try out. I've been using Schedulicity.com for over three months in my salon and I must say: I'm in love!

I have over 100 clients using the program to schedule, modify, and cancel appointments, on their time. I spend so much less time on the phone, playing phone tag, and returning phone calls. I can see my schedule from any computer or my iPhone at anytime. I no longer question when my first appointment is or what kind of supplies I need at the supply store. I always have my week in front of me.

My clients have raved about the program as well. They love that they can sit down and schedule their hair appointments when it's convenient for them, whether it's at 5:30 in the morning or 11:00 at night. They don't have to worry about leaving me a message or whether or not I'll get the message. If they need to make a change, they don't have to call and feel horrible about it, make up some excuse, or fret about interrupting me to cancel.

I really didn't think that Schedulicity.com could have got more perfect or easy to use, until last week when they made some changes to the program. It now looks cleaner, is easier to read, and makes my life even more convenient! The cost is still the same: $29.00 for a single service provider or $49.00 for 2-20 employees, per month. It's a great value and has more than been worth the money for me and many of my clients.

If you are in an appointment based business, like a salon, I highly recommend trying Schedulicity.com, or if this kind of program would make your life easier, please pass along the information to your hairstylist, massage therapist, or pet groomer!

Comments

February 5, 2010 at 1:07 am
(1) Taylor Marek says:

Thanks so much for the article. This has helped me alot in my decision-making process…

February 5, 2010 at 10:07 am
(2) Kendra Aarhus says:

You are so welcome. I really can’t say enough how much I love it. The 30 day trial is nice too because you can give it a test spin without the commitment.

The other thing that I love is the targeted email marketing. You can email your clients from the program. I send out a monthly “newsletter” type email that gives all the monthly specials, reminds people about ongoing promotions, and about events (prom, holidays, mothers day, etc.) that will remind people to make an appointment. Keeps my business flowing.

February 5, 2010 at 7:49 pm
(3) maria alex says:

applause for the site owner for including valuable information’s about hair styling!

March 10, 2010 at 10:18 am
(4) Daniel - TimeCenter Online Appointment Scheduling says:

Hi Kendra,

I am glad that you are enjoying online appointment scheduling! We think that’s how all small businesses will accept appointments in the future. Because as you said, clients really appreciate the reminders and the 24/7 availability.

Have a great day!

November 22, 2010 at 5:18 pm
(5) Kristy says:

Yes I also use Schedulicity for our salons, they did a really good job with it and you can tell they have or have had salons in the past.

December 16, 2010 at 1:19 am
(6) Giovanna says:

Online scheduling is definitely the way of the future.
Many customers we speak to are uncertain about trying it, because they like the ‘personal relationship’ of a phone call.

What is important to understand is that you are NOT taking that away – customers can still schedule an appointment by phone if they want. But, if they’re in a rush or don’t have time until late at night, when your shop is closed, they can schedule online anyway. So you’re not taking anything away, just offering an additional service – and that is never a bad thing for your customers!

We are an online scheduling service too (www.bookeo.com), and we also focus on increasing a salon’s revenue, with features such as online payments and deposits, gift vouchers, limited promotions (groupon style), prepaid packages, memberships, and so on.

Whichever scheduling provider you choose, make sure you choose one! You’ll find it worth it.

June 3, 2011 at 12:47 pm
(7) Jessica says:

We looked into Schedulicity at my office, but ended up going with ScheduleThing instead. There were just a few things that Schedulicity couldn’t offer us, that ScheduleThing could:

-a booking site with our name, logo, colors, and text in it
-a free plan (not just a free trial)
-the ability to schedule resources (such as equipment)
-pricing based on resources

I suggest checking ScheduleThing out!

September 11, 2011 at 1:44 pm
(8) Shamis says:

Our salon has used schedulicity for about a year now and although it is neat, cute and has great functions, our productivity is steadily decreasing. We are a salon that offers more than 100 services. when our clients schedule through schedulicity than are not able to choose more than once service. So most of our clients write a note of what they need which we often have to tell our clients we are not able to do the added service because we are already booked and or if we do, it puts us extremely behind. Both resulting in very unhappy clients.

Example: I have a 10am that books a shampoo & flat iron. Schedulicity blocks off an hour for that service. This actual customer also would like to get a steam hydration treatment which is an additional 30 minutes but I have a client booked at 11am. See the problem.

I as well as other stylists have been bugging schedulicity about the importance of this and their reply is “That feature is currently on our proposed feature list however we do not have a time line of when it will be created”. If we do not receive this generic answer, they tell us to create packages.

Like shampoo, flat iron, and steam hydration, etc. That is a great idea for a salon that only offers like 20 services. Not an option for us.

Schedulicity even created a new platform to schedule classes and seminars instead of tweaking and working on their current customers problems, they go and create another feature for new customers. More money on their part but not working on keeping current customers.

Vegaro is another alternative that we’ve been looking into.

November 29, 2011 at 6:21 pm
(9) TheGiftCardCafe.com says:

We recently partnered with Schedulicity and agree they are a great company to work with! We have a great exclusive offer for Schedulicity Clients. You can also check out their Partner page in the footer of their website for more details.

Support
800-410-8103

November 29, 2011 at 6:40 pm
(10) TheGiftCardCafe.com says:

November 29, 2011 at 6:50 pm
(11) TheGiftCardCafe.com says:

Sorry everyone. I tried to add an HTML link in the above post with no luck! Here is the direct link to our offer for Schedulicity clients!

Thanks, Support
800-410-8103 ext. 1

February 23, 2012 at 4:31 pm
(12) Roberto says:

Do also consider Qooshi ( http://www.qooshi.com ). It’s a free web app and works in a similar way.

August 3, 2012 at 9:12 am
(13) Teresa says:

In my opinion, free applications simply do not offer as much in terms of support and that’S a deal breaker for me. I need to see my feedback is appreciated.
Very nice article! I myself use http://www.bookappo.com but it’s nice to see appointment scheduling on the rise as it truly is a business saver. At least in my case!

February 24, 2013 at 5:41 pm
(14) Melanie says:

I have been using salonmonster for a year. It’s pretty much the same thing and it’s $19 a month. Very user friendly and I like it. My issue is that I would like a service that offers text reminders, not just email. I have looked in to Vagaro which offers text services but offers almost too much for me. But for those of you that are looking around, don’t overlook salon monster, it’s a great service for a great price.

September 2, 2013 at 9:48 am
(15) Gavin says:

<a href=”https://acuityscheduling.com”>Acuity Scheduling</a> is one of the cheapest online appointment scheduling programs, and offers a ton of features. The basic version is totally free, and the customer support is fantastic!

February 24, 2014 at 7:18 am
(16) Leonardo says:

Consider trying BookingBug. Their online booking system works really well for my salon, and I have had great responses from customers as well.

May 13, 2014 at 1:20 am
(17) medium hairstyles 2013 pinterest says:

Useful info. Fortunate me I discovered your site by chance, and I am stunned why this
accident did not took place earlier! I bookmarked it.

My webpage :: <a href=”http://www.hairclipperhunter.com/best-barber-clipper-2013.html”>medium hairstyles 2013 pinterest</a>